FACILITATING SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
FACILITATING SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
Our markets imply that we keep up with innovation in order to be part of the transformation of the construction methods that aim at a more sustainable model. That is how we help our clients to meet the increasing requirements (both environmental and technical) in terms of performance. CHRYSO designs solutions that allow to realise energy savings, improve the processing of materials and the work conditions, limit exposure to chemical agents or enable to reduce the environmental footprint.
Designing sustainable solutions means building long-term partnerships with our customers and suppliers. Loyalty and trust are thus consolidated through the regular surveys we conduct on a large scale to evaluate our clients’ satisfaction and anticipate their expectations. CHRYSO France constantly adapts its organization to meet the needs of its markets.
Meeting needs from A to Z
Our Research and Development department, based in France on our main production site in Sermaises, turns concepts into reality, matching at the closest the effective demand. Our projects take into account the relative impacts of our products, measuring the gains in comparison to previous conceptions on raw materials, transportation, the implementation or the HSE label.
- Regular customer surveys at a large scale
- Additive solutions enabling the use of local resources and of recycled or derived products
- Research partnerships with universities and clients.
- Surface retarders reducing or eliminating water consumption and rejects.
- HSE friendly services for our clients.
- A simplified analysis of our products life circles in order to determine the economic, social and environmental impacts for each innovation.
ENSURING THE WELL-BEING OF ALL AT WORK
Safety as a value
It is fundamental that each employee feels safe at all times when at work: all accidents can be avoided. In order to keep its already well-rooted safety culture going, CHRYSO France assesses its level while comparing its performance to the best global practices. Anyone setting foot on our sites, whether they be employees, temporary workers, subcontractors or visitors, is integrated into our safety policy and monitoring. With numerous tools and a constant dialogue on the topic, we aim at eliciting a sense of responsibility for our own safety as well as for everyone’s.
Improving work conditions
Working conditions are also examined on a regular basis. Any workplace layout is approved after a rigorous study, anyone can suggest improvements to their workplaces, and an organization at local level fosters receptiveness and dialogue in a friendly atmosphere. The size of CHRYSO France, and the strength of her skilled workforce, are two determining factors in the interests of the work and the responsibilities entrusted.
Involvement and empowerement
Our Human Resources policy encourages everyone to express themselves and gives Management a role in helping employees in their development. The principles underpinning our HR tools are simple: knowing what we have to do, where the organization is heading to and what our role is. The aim clearly being for all to feel they belong here, with their fitted and adaptable skills, in a pleasant working atmosphere focused on a common evolution.
- Developed, tried and tested safety tools: safety visits, “safety minutes”, “Not so fast!”, World Safety day, continuous risks analysis
- Physical Activity Risks Prevention process
- 3 relaxing massage sessions a month, opened to the whole staff
- An annual employment and skills plan for all employees
- An awareness campaign dedicated to Managers about psychosocial risks factors
- Signature of a French diversity charter
MAKE OUR STRUCTURES MORE EFFICIENT
A standard of efficiency and performance
The Sermaises plant is equipped with technological equipment which allows us to maintain the production in France – where our additives are designed - and to distribute our solutions in accordance with a service and quality charter. Safety and reliable pocesses and facilities are the only warantees of the sustainability of our core business – specialty chemistry. Productivity and competitiveness will secure the sustainability of our business through the constant development of our techniques.
We control and reduce the impacts of our plant in terms of energy and water consumption, discharge and waste. We also optimize our transportation and delivery routes, in collaboration with our subcontractors, in order to reduce our carbon footprint. The past mistakes have been accepted and taken care of. Even better: we measure the site's influence on environment through bio-surveillance, and now develop biodiversity in its areas of influence, extending its measures to benefit our neighbourhood.
Innovate and deploy
A standard must evolve: we are open to ideas and innovations that can help our site evolve, in all fields. A standard must also serve as a benchmark: whenever possible, the good practices developed in France are gradually extended to the CHRYSO group subsidiaries, as soon as possible.
- Energy consumption reduced by 40% per ton produced in 7 years
- A decrease in our impacts on water
- A historical site pollution treated on a large scale, and eradicated
- Installation of bee-hives on the Sermaises site to be used as a bio-monitoring system
- A partnership with biodiversity associations on our two French industrial sites
EXTENDING OUR COMMUNICATION ABOUT OUR VALUES AND ACTIONS
The internal upstream sharing of our strategy definition has ensured our policy to be understood and supported by everyone. Regular communication and collective actions, under the aegis of the repetition of a logo, anchor Corporate Social Responsibility as a standard, which is part of the company’s life. To ensure the cohesion of our entire system, we also organize regular events which bring the entire workforce together, and present our achievements and goals in line with the 5 Sustainable Development commitments.
Presenting our activities and demonstrating what we do; talking about Corporate Social Responsibility (with appraisers, business partners, a dedicated community, local firms, our customers and suppliers, the local authorities, associations, and some private individuals), and federating sharing initiatives are all key factors in the improvement of Sustainability. Showing the actions we are proud of means eliciting an interest that will enrich the community.
- Participation to the “Responsible Chemistry Trophies”
- Creation of an HSE club, aiming at gathering our customers around common issues
- Our annual Sustainable Development report has been distributed to a growing number of stakeholders since its creation in 2009
- Regular and solid RSE evaluation, and voluntary membership to some labels and certifications
- Communication actins to the neighbourhood
- A RSE club to share our thoughts to our customers
STRUCTURING THE INTEGRATION OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
WITH OUR SUPPLIERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS
Influencing our stakeholders
Our suppliers and subcontractors are fully integrated to our chain of value, and we have to influence the way they work.
- By choosing them on criteria that not only include an economic dimension, but also a social and an environmental one.
- By early integrating them in our process whenever we are confronted to common physical actions.
- By soliciting them in our search for innovative solutions in order to meet the priorities we set in the design of our products, services or equipment.
- By imposing technical specifications to our subcontractors in order to ensure security and reduce the impacts of their activities.
- By building long-lasting relationships with them so that our partnerships will converge towards increasingly responsible goals.
- Creation of CHRYSO purchasing charter
- Integration of CSR criteria in our suppliers’ evaluation forms
- Implementation of partnerships with our transportation and plants subcontractors: balancing of their activities, safety trainings, evaluation of their practices
- Business partnership with a company hiring mentally ill people in ordinary conditions
- Mutual commitments on transportation and reduction of carbon dioxide